China's new Rules on Counteracting Unjustified Extraterritorial Application of Foreign Legislation and Other Measures (《阻断外国法律与措施不当域外适用办法》) create a new framework to mitigate the impact of foreign economic sanctions and information requests, on Chinese economic and security interests. They are the latest among a series of Chinese regulations—including legislation in 2018 and 2020 restricting assistance with foreign legal proceedings and new sanctions and export controls regimes in late 2020—aimed at counteracting extraterritorial actions by foreign governments.
This webinar discusses why foreign companies with operations in China need to consider the implications of the new Rules in light of the recent spate of U.S. sanctions, export controls, and other government measures with extraterritorial effect.
The audience for this event: In-house counsel, compliance officers and senior managers of companies that do business in China or with Chinese business partners.
- Webinar login details will be included in your registration confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 11:45am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 12:00pm
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."
- This webinar is Closed to Media
- Chatham House Rules