As a major global financial center, Hong Kong is the largest international asset management and private wealth management hub in Asia. According to the 2019 annual asset and wealth management activities survey conducted by Hong Kong's Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), assets under management in the city grew by 20% year on year. This reflects the resilience of Hong Kong's asset management market despite economic headwinds around the world.
The Hong Kong SAR government has enacted a slew of measures in recent months, including reforming the real estate investment trust (REIT) regime, Open-ended Funds Companies (OFC) regime and tax concessions for private equity funds, to enhance Hong Kong's competitiveness. In addition, the newly established Wealth Management Connect scheme in the Greater Bay Area will further boost the city as a family office hub.
In the second session of Hong Kong's Role as an International Financial Center Series, panelists from government and banking industry will explore opportunities and challenges of Hong Kong's asset and wealth management industry.
- Webinar login details will be included in your confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 11:45am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 12:00noon
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."
- Closed to the media