The new tech cold war is on the horizon, the world's technological ecosystem will likely splinter into two contrasting systems, one dominated by the US and the other led by China. As China strives to be technologically independent from the rest of the world, Shenzhen as China's hi-tech hub, is aspired to rival the US' Silicon Valley.
What makes Silicon Valley tick? How has one California valley shaped big tech in the world's largest economy? And how China's fishing village from 4 decades ago has become home to China's national champions today? What are the differences and similarities between the San Francisco Bay Area and the Greater Bay Area? Is Shenzhen the next Silicon Valley already?
Please hear from two leading analysts as they will engage in an interactive debate on the future of Shenzhen as China's center for technology and innovation.
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar login details will be included in your confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in at 8:15 am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 8:30 am.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."
- This webinar is Closed to Media