The economic reform and opening policy has proven to be a great success, catapulting China into the world's 2nd largest economy and lifting 800 million people out of poverty. In the face of global economic slowdown brought by the COVID-19 pandemic, China's economy has demonstrated extraordinary resilience, with an annual growth rate of 2.3% in 2020.
How will China's economy fare in post COVID-19? Will the economy continue to outperform or becoming "unstable, unbalanced, uncoordinated, and unsustainable?" In the era of Xinomics, will China deepen or scale back market reform?
Please join an interactive debate session, featuring two well-known thought leaders, Arthur Kroeber and Prof Yang Yao, as they will share the prospect of the Chinese economy.
- Webinar login details will be included in your registration confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 8:15am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 8:30am
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."
- This webinar is Closed to Media