As 2022 begins, EU-China trade and investment relations are at an inflection point. After a moment of optimism when the Investment Agreement looked poised to go forward in early 2021, its prospects reversed sharply after tit-for-tat sanctions between the EU and China. Other political issues such as Taiwan, technology onshoring, changes in German leadership, differing responses to the ongoing pandemic, and US-China relations all make the relationship more fraught than it has in decades.
How does Europe see China today versus last year, and what hope is there for a revival of the investment agreement? Is there still room for expanded trade and investment in a rapidly changing regulatory and political environment?
To answer these questions, the Trade and Investment Committee has invited a distinguished panel to discuss these questions and more…
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar login details will be included in your confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."