Raising outside capital is a path many startups choose to accelerate their businesses growth and gain customers for their solutions. Having raised capital also gives credibility to the founders and company as they recruit their team and make strategic partnerships. This vehicle for rapid growth, however, has historically been an opportunity more open for male founders, with female founders being granted a low single-digit percentage of venture funding despite returning higher revenue per dollar invested (Forbes, BCG). Factors driving this difference in participation include finding the right investor/startup match, an over emphasis on confidence vs competence when evaluating a pitch, and a tendency for investors to ask different questions of women than they do men, among others that pose challenges to many female founders
To counter these headwinds, there are a handful of strategies that can increase the chances of successful fundraising as a female founder. In this interactive panel with thematic discussion sessions, we will discuss not just the technical aspects such as where to find the right VC's with a shared interest in your industry, but also preparation to put your opportunity in the best light during and after the pitch, and how to drive the conversations that will make or break a deal. We have invited experts in the fields of investment and personal presentation to help stack the odds in your favor as you seek investment for your startup in Hong Kong.
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar login details will be included in your confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."