Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues, the core elements of sustainability, are an increasing focus in the commercial world. The conduct of corporates in global trade is increasingly being scrutinized through an ESG lens by governments, regulators, NGOs and the public. Propelled by the momentum of the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, which includes the Sustainable Development Goals, there has been a proliferation of industry, regulatory and grass roots initiatives focused on sustainability in global trade. With sustainability increasingly viewed as a proxy for long term value, the benefit of sound ESG credentials for corporations is clear. Equally clear are the risks of falling behind and failing to adapt.
What motivates businesses to focus on sustainability in global trade? How have new tools/ technologies strengthened sustainability efforts? What can businesses do to move toward more sustainable global trade? What is the vision for sustainable supply chains for 2040? Please join us for the Future of Supply Chain Series Finale as our expert panelits tackle current issues and offer their outlook for the future.
Topics will include:
· Current sustainability priorities and global commitments
· Challenges and opportunities in implementation
· Current environmental issues in global trade
· Current modern slavery issues in global trade
· The impact of COVID-19 on sustainability efforts
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar details will be sent out one day before the event.
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in at 11:45 am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 12:00 pm.
- Please use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."