Hong Kong is long viewed as a center of global trade, but it is often being overlooked the role of transnational Chinese elite who enabled close ties between Hong Kong and the west. In this book talk webinar, Peter Hamilton, author of Made in Hong Kong: Transpacific Networks and a New History of Globalization, will take us back to the origins of US-China trade in the modern era, the role of transnational Chinese elites who facilitated China's reengagement with global capitalism.
There's no better time than now to discuss Hong Kong's role in postwar globalization and the future of US-China-Hong Kong trade. Reserve your spot today!
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar login details will be included in your confirmation
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in (your registered email) at 4:15pm, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 4:30pm.
- Please MUST use the same name you registered with AmCham as your Zoom account.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."