AmChamHK Spotlight Webinar
In the past few years, Southeast Asia (ASEAN) and particularly Vietnam have become a global investment hotspot which has received a lot of attention due to its relatively high economic growth rate. Vietnam, the economic leader in the region, is regarded as "The Rising Star'. It has received special attention because of its opportunity value recognized by worldwide investors, such as superior consistent government policy, additional free trade links, geographical location, young and productive workforce and low labor costs, etc.
Vietnam and supply chains based there have benefited from the massive inflow of foreign capital, and its GDP grew by 7.02% in 2019. According to recent data released by the Foreign Investment Bureau of the Ministry of Planning and Investment of Vietnam, the total foreign investment introduced by Vietnam in July was up to USD 3.15 billion, a year-on-year increase of 79.8% and a month-on-month increase of 76.2%, accounting for16.7% of the total investment in the first seven months in 2020.
So far lots of investment opportunities has been identified in Vietnam, however, what kind of investment opportunities are there? What are the prospects for investment in Vietnam?
To provide members with more information on these, AmCham Hong Kong invites you for an online Webinar on October 29th from 9:30am-10:30am with 4 honored speakers. These include former US government officials & corporate representatives in Vietnam and USA that will share their insights on the overall business environment, future trends in investment opportunities and elaborate on the existing preferential policies.
The main topics will cover
- Free trade agreements (FTAs) between Vietnam and other countries
- Foreign direct investment (FDI) and trade situation in Vietnam
- FDI incentive policies of Vietnam
- Corporates registration information including standard setting up processes for 100% foreign owned companies & representative (sales) offices, labor cost overview, Employment & Business Immigration, Vietnam tax & accounting system
- Mergers and acquisition (M&A) in Vietnam
- Binh Duong Province
- Becamex IDC Vietnam (https://becamex.com.vn/)
Please join us for a Zoom meeting with the following details:
- Webinar details will be sending out a day before the event.
- If you are new to Zoom, here are instructions on how to download the software and join a meeting. Please familiarize yourself with the platform beforehand.
- Please log in at 9:15am, 15 minutes in advance of the session start time. This will allow time to troubleshoot any technical issues and start promptly at 9:30am.
- Please type in your questions in the "Chat" button at the bottom screen, the moderator will be selecting questions during the Q&A sessions. If you are using the mobile app, please click "Participants" then "Chat."
- Spotlight Webinar
- Cancellations must be provided in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven working days prior to in-house events.
- Registrations for events held outside the AmCham HK office are non-cancellable and non-refundable. No-shows will be charged.
- When Typhoon 8 (or above) or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted, all events will be canceled.